Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

trouble running a program

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Glenn67, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Glenn67

Glenn67 New
    Builder

I'm having some trouble with my machine. I just finished it and have only run a few codes they were was successful until now. I am using an xProv2 controller and G code sender 1.0.9. I generated the codes in Fusion 360. I have set machine zero and than set work zero. I have set X zero Y zero on my work piece as the lower left corner (on top surface of 1/2" ply). The first operation is a center pocket hole ( centered in the work piece-10"x10"). The bit starts at work piece zero zero, moves to machine zero while lowering the bit, than moves back toward the work piece but doesn't raise the spindle and will crash into the piece if I let it. I tried it without the wood in place and it raises the spindle when it gets to the center of the piece. I am almost certain I am doing something wrong but I cut this operation before and I haven't made any changes to the file. Long winded I know but any help is appreciated.
    Glenn