Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Tap TR8x8(P2) ?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by MicroFlip, Mar 29, 2016.

1. MicroFlip

MicroFlip New
    Builder

Hi,

My first post is a question : Where can I find a TR8x8(P2) acme tap to thread homemade Nylon or POM nut block's ? I can find the threaded rods on the OPENBUILDS parts store, but the tap does not seem to exist (anywhere). I can't find it ...
    Making your own nut bloks gives some more possibilities in designing a machine I think. I have already done something similar with TR12x3 : IMGP0006.JPG
    The block on the right is screwed to the metal plate (x axis). It is connected to the blok on the left with 4 dowels (4mm x 25mm) and two M5 screws. The blocks can move on the dowels. With the screws the slop can be dialed out.
    So far, this works ok. I would like to use the 8mm acme lead screws from OPENBUILDS. This way the machine (in combination with Nema 23 steppers) will be faster (I hope).

I would also like to use the 8mm acme lead screws in a new design ... (still dreaming)

Can you help me out ?

Thank you !

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

3. MicroFlip

MicroFlip New
    Builder

Thanks Rick 2.0. I will try it like this.

4. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

I did something similar and it worked with my 3/8 inch acme rod. I need to do it with my 1/2 inch rod next.