Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Synthetos gShield vs CNC xPRO

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by anigeek65, Mar 28, 2016.

1. anigeek65

anigeek65 Well-Known
    Builder

I just finished my C-Beam build using the Synthetos gShield and Arduino board. So far everything is working fine. I built this to create plates for a larger platform. I was thinking of using the CNC xPRO V2 on my next build but I have been reading issues with using this. Can anyone provide feedback/successes/failures with the CNC xPRO V2. I want to use the NEMA 23 Stepper Motor - High Torque Series with my next build and it will be a cross between the OX and the C-Beam. So basically 2 motors for "Y", 1 for "X" and 1 for "Z" I will post the design later as I am developing it now. Thank you in advance for you thoughts and Ideas.

2. Chillimonster

Chillimonster Well-Known
    Builder

Not got any issues with mine.

First thing i did was add heatsinks.

It took a bit of trial and error setting the current pots, but once done its been working without issues for a month or two now.

anigeek65 likes this.
  3. drpeej

drpeej New
    Builder

I was using a gShield but mid-job it stopped working and the PC wouldn't recognise the Arduino serial port.

It transpired that the arduino was bricked. I had another Arduino to hand and although that ran grbl OK I could get absolutely nothing out of the grblshield.

I tried using some of the small DRV8825 plug-in driver boards but the system was very unstable with whistling motors and overheating boards so I am now using an X-Pro which works fine.

Chillimonster likes this.