Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Starting my build 3mx1.5m

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Ollieg, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Ollieg

Ollieg New
    Builder

Ollieg published a new build:

Read more about this build...

Kevp likes this.
  2. silopolis

silopolis New
    Builder

Hi, really nice project ! And build seem to start nicely :)

Do you plan to brace the base in some way (diagonal profiles, plates) ? It always seem to me that such an assembly could be OK for a static application, but can't provide the expected/required stiffness to support such a dynamic one as milling.

For the pump, have you looked at wood veneering and composite equipment suppliers ?

I'd gladly study your design if you're OK to share it with me, and would love to have your supplier contact in china...

For the control part, I'm all in LinuxCNC/MachineKit, but that's linked to my projects and me being a Linux everything kind of guy. I've left to follow other cool Open Source CNC control software projects because, you know, time :( So I'll let other report and advice about them. Only thing I'll add is that SmoothieBoard was my first choice before I switched to LinuxCNC, and with amazing v2 coming, the is going to be a rocking platform !

Have fun with this build, I'll surely follow your progress

3. HuguesP

HuguesP Well-Known
    Builder

Looks nice, would you share about your supplier if he is reliable?

4. polemidis

polemidis New
    Builder

Thanx for sharing this. Can you share the factory in China plz?

5. Ollieg

Ollieg New
    Builder

Once I am finished ( In about a month) I will post a full list of suppliers and CAD files I used.

6. Ollieg

Ollieg New
    Builder

Here is a photo of the machines current situation, it's become a dust collector while we finish manufacturing a large format cotton printer however it is scheduled to be finished in the next couple of weeks.

I have had quite a few message requests for supplier info etc, for this machine we used the heavy duty 8080 about 12kg per M very well priced from Changsha Lang Le Technology Co., Ltd. - Aluminum Profiles, Aluminum Display Shelf (speak to Tina) we specified all whistle connection machining and threaded holes and they do the lot with good precision, 25mm Hiwin rails purchased from Taiwan, Gear rack from CNC router Parts Y axis is from 8020.com as china didn't have a heavy enough piece. Revised the original design and added 10mm aluminium gusses to each corner. 20190218_211515.jpg