Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Spindle ramp down

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Upamanyu Ray, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Upamanyu Ray

Builder

I recently purchased the openbuilds motion control x32. Really loved the software, and the plug-play type hardware. I am connecting my existing spindle (DC48V 300W SPINDLE MOTOR - -) to 24VDC supply, and using a decent enough driver (25Amp 7V-58V High Voltage DC Motor Driver). The driver is powered externally, and the PWM is provided by the blackbox x32.

The problem is, when I start the spindle on the CONTROL software (Tool On -> Variable Spindle -> M3 S1000), it immediately starts running at that speed. And what's worse is, when I put it on a lower speed (S50, for example) or turn off the tool - it immediately drops to low speed / stops, respectively. This is not good for the spindle motor or the driver circuitry (bearing wear & tear, high back emf).

Is there any option in the CONTROL software to ramp up / ramp down the spindle speed?
    If not, please provide alternate options (editing grbl code, adding macros, etc.).

Thanks for the help.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Duplicate of support ticket 66345 - please check your email for reply from the store.

Please avoid cross posting to multiple support channels :) Effectively talking to the same people via multiple channels - not always a good use of time :)

Thanks

3. Upamanyu Ray

Builder

Apologies for the same. I was not able to find the ticket in this website account, hence thought it might not have been registered.

Thanks