Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Spindle holder too big

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Fabian68, May 23, 2018.

1. Fabian68

Fabian68 New
    Builder

I've had my Makita (RT0700C) hand router tied to the ox with a couple of Stainless Steel Hose Pipe Adjustable Clamps, but wanted have a more ridged fit. So I purchased one of those OX claps from Ooznest here in the UK.

But this morning when I came to fit it, the clamp is too big for the Makita. I've seen loads of builds with this type of router installed so why is mine bigger than the Makita.

Is there any way round this other than buying another router..

Please help.

Thanks.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The ones you have seen installed used a gap filler. If you have a 3D printer, here is an adapter that will solve the problem. If you don't, some members have noted success using PVC pipe as a filler.

MaryD likes this.
  3. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

I also have the Makita (RT0701C) router and found out that OpenBuild's router mount is too big for it. I 3D-printed a new router mount that fits this router. I'm not sure if I want to upload the STL files for router mount to this website because the first one based on the OpenBuild's router mount broke and I started 3D-printing a modified version using ABS filament but I ran out of the filament. I went ahead and 3D-printed the second part that I created using Autodesk Inventor. Think of a box with an "empty" cylinder cut in half.

4. Fabian68

Fabian68 New
    Builder

Hey Rick & Jeff
    I'm really grateful for your input. I don't have a 3D printer, but the tip about the PVC pipe is awesome. I have loads of different sizes in my yard.

(Think of a box with several pieces of guttering in it)

Great stuff.

Thanks a lot.