Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Sketchup Model Collections Add to 3D Warehouse

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MaryD, Jul 15, 2016.

1. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

Read all about it on our BLOG!
    Thumbnail.PNG

#1 MaryD, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

I can see an awful lot of work has gone into the making of these SketchUp Resource pages. :)
    An excellent job. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Many thanks to all involved, particularly, Ronald, I just don't know where he finds the time for alllllll the stuff he does related to Openbuild. :jawdrop:
    Give him another Medal, or another Star, like McDonalds do. :D
    Gray

MaryD likes this.
  3. Ronald van Arkel

Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

@MaryD, thank you for posting this.

@GrayUK, you don't know but there are 2 of me :D.

Not all is done by me, some drawings are just updates from what @Mark Carew did, and all of them need to be updated from time to time. Still, there is something that will be a good add-on for any builder, OpenBuilds or not, and I give you a sample I made yesterday:

upload_2016-7-16_1-48-30.png

This lousy drawing cost me about a normal workday, a bit less. Polygon reduction and functions that can't be done automatically in SketchUp have to be done by hand. All models should be solids so you can calculate weight (volume) and do Boolean instructions (pro-version). Machined parts are easy to draw (like the collet and main body), but mould injected stuff including the plastic cover is a pain ;).

-Ronald

4. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

See! There you go again. :D
    I bet the weather is good there. Then again, it's probably always good there. :rolleyes:
    Take some time off, get a long cool drink, sit by the pool, and chill for a while. :D:thumbsup:
    Gray

5. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hey guys just a little about whats been going on in the background to make this all happen. After seeing the amazing SketchUp skills @Ronald van Arkel has, OpenBuilds has commissioned him to create high quality models for the benefit of the community.
    He has been doing an amazing job at this!
    We noticed that there are only generic models for the Dewalt 611 and Bosch Pony Router (two of our favorites) so we asked Ronald if he wanted the job of making these for the group as well and from the looks of it the start of the 611 it's going fantastic.
    This is just the beginning of what we hope will become a huge OpenBuilds resource of not only single models but also the Bundle/Example builds as well. One example of this is the post of the C-Beam Actuator Models we built up here.
    So stay tuned as we work to make this possible :thumbsup:

GrayUK and MaryD like this.