Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Send G-Code to Two Destinations

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by Matthew Cragg, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Matthew Cragg

Builder

I have OpenBuilds CONTROL software connected to a BlackBox Motion Control System. It works great. What I want to do, for various reasons, is send the G-Code from OpenBuilds CONTROL to both the BlackBox and another destination at the same time. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this? OpenBuilds CONTROL only allows one to select one destination (e.g., the USB port to which the BlackBox is connected). I would like to send the G-Code to that destination plus another one. Is there a way to select two USB ports simultaneously or maybe somehow split or relay the signal on the way to or out of the BlackBox?

This is for a custom thing I'm building that would benefit from this capability.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Practically would not work as you wont have synced planners or execution between the two. Won't be added to CONTROL but you can fork and code it in for yourself to play with