Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

SEEKING MENTOR IN NE ATLANTA AREA

Discussion in 'CNC Projects' started by SCYBUCK, Sep 26, 2017.

1. SCYBUCK

SCYBUCK New
    Builder

There is just too much info out there and too many newbie questions! It would be great if a kind soul in NE Atlanta had a Sphinx or OX or similar mill and would be willing to spend a couple of hours in a STRICTLY PLATONIC, NON CREEPY mentoring session!!!

patdee and MaryD like this.
  2. patdee

patdee New
    Builder

Hi SKYBUCK.

I am not a "mentor", but I DO live in NE Atlanta. Berkeley Lake to be more definitive in a city called Duluth.

I am brand new to CNC, but I have been studying videos for months and I have learned a "bundle". Still a novice for sure.

I am planning to build a modified KYO Sphinx CNC that will be incorporated into an existing Legacy Ornamental mill. I am very excited by this. My mill has 3 Axis but is semi automatic and NOT CNC controlled. It has only one motor on the X axis which is 84" long. Y would be 18" wide and Z is about 6" up and down height. So when I integrate the CNC into my mill; it will give me not only the 3 CNC axis, but it will also add two more axis'. One for turning and the other for Tapering. Again I am very excited about this.

Note: The existing top rails will be removed and replace them with "OpenBuilds" C-Beam rails for "X" axis; that will support the Sphinx Gantry and the other 2 CNC axis (Y and Z). See below:

I would be more than happy to "chew the cud" with a person interested in CNC mills.

If I am not the person you are looking for, I fully understand.

In any case, may Jesus richly bless you and yours always, dear person,

pat

Attached Files:

#2 patdee, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    SCYBUCK likes this.
  3. SCYBUCK

SCYBUCK New
    Builder

A mentor is similar enough to a friend.

Wanna come over and play? On 11/5/2017 works for me if it works for you.

Wayne Buchheit
    Dacula, GA 30019
    [email protected]

4. patdee

patdee New
    Builder

Hi Wayne,

Sounds like a winner to me. 1:00PM OK with you? Or what ever time after 1 will be fine.

If so I will be there at about that time, if'n the Lord is willing and the creek don' rise. Jes' give me your address.

My phone number is 770-448-8455

pat

5. SCYBUCK

SCYBUCK New
    Builder

Sounds like it is gonna be an awesome machine and an excellent visit this afternoon!
    I sent a text to you to confirm visit time and make sure I have the right phone number entered.

6. patdee

patdee New
    Builder

Hi Wayne,

I just left a message on your phone. I need your address. I will leave my home at 12:45. Not sure how long it will take.

Please call me.

pat

7. patdee

patdee New
    Builder

FYI.

While my phone line has texting capability, my cordless phones do not have it.

Thus I need for you to call me