Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Sculpfun 40W laser electrical connections

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by ricklach, Dec 23, 2023.

1. ricklach

ricklach Well-Known
    Builder

I just received the standalone subject laser which will work out of the box. However, I want to use the laser head in my openbuild machine and while I already have a lower power sculpfun laser mounted on the machine that is 12V, the new one is 24V and requires different wiring because the laser head has two connection ports - one for the laser and one for the signal. The laser is similar to the one found on Amazon (sculpfun s30 pro max) but is a new 40W version. It has a new separate molded power connector. Are there any suggestions on how I might connect this new laser module after mounting it to my openbuilds machine. Regrettably, I do not have a wiring diagram and the company website is down for some reason - it may have gone out of business given the number of financial problems that China is faced with.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. ricklach

ricklach Well-Known
    Builder

Does anyone have the GRBL settings for the new Sculpfun SF-S9 40W laser assembly?