Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Rubber Feet Lead 1075

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Neil Scott, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Neil Scott

Builder

Good morning everyone for a virus infected Spain where we are all under house arrest in effect but its working and 100% credit to the health workers and caregivers. Thank you for your service Worldwide from sunny Barcelona.

On to my question, in the build video the 1010 being built seems to have some little rubber feet on it as the man turns it around on the desk you can see them occasionally.

Are rubber feet available?

If not please can you tell me what you used in that video & also are they recommended?

I was thinking of using 6 air tiny conditioning type dampers just to help with vibration into the work desk.

Are they recommended?

Can I have some advise on this please as to whether its worth fitting them or not.

Many thanks

Neil

ps and please everyone at this difficult time wherever you are stay safe and try and stay in doors, isolated from others , it might not have affected your country yet buts its ravaging mine and this virus knows no borders. No one is safe from it no matter how rich or poor or whatever your faith or race stay safe. thanks

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Neil Scott likes this.
  3. Neil Scott

Builder

I thought I wasnt blind, it wil cost me more to buy thm here and sent over from you guys so if you dont mind I have spare lock nuts and bolts and will just buy the rubber feet that we can easily get here. hope you dont mind but the post and customs fees will hit the 50 euros limit!!

Anything from good ol US of A attracts a premium in europe it seems!

thanks