Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

RPi Protoneer + SuperPID

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by hasemar, Apr 7, 2018.

1. hasemar

hasemar New
    Builder

Hi All,

I built a C-Beam a while back and have been having a great time with it. I am currently upgrading the electronics a bit right now. One upgrade is installing the SuperPID router speed controller. However, I am confused about the spindle enable/PWM pin and how it connects to the PID controller.

The protoneer looks like it only has a spindle EN/PWM terminal (is it both??) where as the SuperPID has a RUN terminal and a PWM terminal. I cannot find any documentation or posts that explore this dilema, but I know some of you are using this combo. Thought someone could shed some light!

Attached: Picture of what I am looking at. SPNen.jpg

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Refer to the standard Grbl documentation: gnea/grbl - as the protoneer hat just runs this. You may need to probe out where each pin is broken out, but Spindle Direction (D13) could be used as an RUN, and PWM (D11) as the PWM signal. The direction pin changes from 0->1 on M3, and from 1->0 on M4 (or vice versa)