Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

[Resolved] Need help with the XYZ Probe Plus / Grbl Error 9 - Alarm: 4

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Alain JBT, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

2. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Hi peter,
    Here are the two values I find in the VFD parameters.
    What a parameter and what value I must write to reach the value of 7200 RPM.
    This part is a little difficult for me and I am afraid of making a fault, I hope you can help me.
    (I have the full manual if you want more)
    Thank you so much.

A2-8015 parameters 01.png A2-8015 parameters 02.png A2-8015 parameters 03.png A2-8015 parameters 04.png A2-8015 parameters 05.png

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

At a guess (best to ask the VFD vendor of course, i don't know it, don't have one here nor is the manual at all clear) but perhaps Pn02

Value (24000 max / 7200 min = 0.3; 400hz x 0.3 = 7200rpm)

So maybe Pn02=120

Alain JBT likes this.
  4. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Hi peter,
    Thank you for the track, I tested the PN02 = 120 but it does not work. The value changes to 400 automatically from the restart of the VFD, another parameter in the configuration must cancel this change and PN02, not sure ... but certainly takes up this value from the basic configuration for a 400Hz Spindle.

Another question:
    Tell me if there is a list that explains all the parameters we find in Control ($ = xxx).
    I had seen this in the GitHub one day but I can no longer find the page.
    thank you for everything

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Alain JBT likes this.
  6. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Hi Alex,
    Do you have an idea where I can buy an IoT Switching Relay Power Strip that works with 220 volts?
    Thanks in advance :)

7. Peter Van Der Walt

Speak to a certified local electrician - tell him to build you a doodad of some sorts with a mechanical relay/contactor to switch the router's mains power (not a solid state - they leak to much and damages router's speed controls). This doodad should be triggered with an optoisolated 3.3v 10mA signal. Perhaps something like a suitable slim DIN SSR to take the logic signal off the BlackBox and use that to drive a a contactor's coil

If he's worth his fee he'll know what to put together for you - and do it safely.

The lack of 240v switching devices boils down to UL rating - no one will risk it, same here, can't give you full schematics etc - just enough clues for someone qualified to go from. That way if you house burns down, you can't say someone on OpenBuilds told you to DIY it

Alain JBT likes this.
  8. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Thank you very much Peter,
    I thought that something already built with the same technical specificities could be envisaged and I would hope not to be alone in the 220V zone to seek this kind of accessory.
    Sad how complicated it is.

9. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Hi super team,
    The realization of the box for the VFD progresses despite everything the work I have outside.
    Now in the box I have to integrate a 12 volt power supply for a fan.
    My question:
    Is it possible to connect it to the fan supply in parallel with the power supply to the VFD or I must supply it individually with another separate cable on an additional EMI filter.
    Thank you in advance for all your comments on the box, have a nice day to all of you.

VFD Filter wiring with Fan.jpg 20240115_174901.jpg 20240116_172717.jpg 20240116_172634.jpg

#69 Alain JBT, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  10. Peter Van Der Walt

Or... way easier ... 220v fan

Alain JBT and Alex Chambers like this.
  11. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Indeed Peter, I evaluated the case of the 220V for more simplicity but:
    Very large, no dimension that I can install in the box
    Very noisy
    Very expensive
    For what I found with professionals
    Mean Well LRS-35-12 3A 36W 12V/DC
    Fan Thermaltake 12V Brushless 75 mm
    (Value 23 USD)

Can I connect in parallel?

Thank you for everything

12. Peter Van Der Walt

Yes

Alain JBT likes this.
  13. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Hi all,
    Just to tell you that all the functions/manipulation on the system work very well with Control, there is just a problem with Interface, when I start a homing only with Control without Interface it is OK. When I plug Interface on the BBX32 Homing is completely opposed to the X Y Z axes.
    At the beginning of the tests the interface worked properly, it happened after an hour of testing, the moment I became happy ...

Attached Files:

14. Peter Van Der Walt

Not true, and not something Interface has any control over. Both CONTROL and Interface sends a 2-character command: "$H" Grbl v1.1 Commands - that is ALL it does when you click the Home All button...

Then Grbl does the rest - it has no clue which host sent it the command, it will do what its been configured to do. Homing directions are configured in $23 Grbl v1.1 Configuration

So for it to do something different :) the operator must be doing something different first - like changing Homing Dir before homing, or some other way of messing with the settings :)

Alain JBT likes this.
  15. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

Ok peter!
    I had read this in a similar post (I traveled with keywords ... I no longer remember) in which you mentioned the same comment concerning the placing of commands on the BBX32 from Interface.
    To respond more precisely to your remark, "$ 23 = 0; homing direction invert mask" has never been changed, so I don't think the problem is between the chair and the keyboard but rather between the shoes and the CNC ;)

Now I connected interface to the BBX32 and I swept under tension, now I do not encounter any more problems and everything works normally.

I do not know how it could happen, maybe during the tests with control without interface I should have shutdown the bbx32 before connecting the interface and then restarting everything .....

Another detail:
    Do I also have to put the chassis in Earth?
    When I have the interface in the hand and that I touch the chassis during the jog it happens that defects of instructions appear... I think I act as an antenna :eek:!?

Thank you again Peter

#75 Alain JBT, Jan 26, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  16. Alain JBT

Alain JBT Well-Known
    Builder

I refer to the great people who accompanied me @Alex Chambers @Misterg @Peter Van Der Walt

It is with your precious help we arrived at the end of my EMI problems and machine configuration, information that I would not have found easily alone.
    Since I have been on the forum I have learned a lot of things other than working on wood or assembling rails.

Now, I am in the process of making a little settings and cosmetics around this machine so that this small space allows me to work serenely, tomorrow I continue with new RoutER11 with accessories, dust shoe, XTension switches, cable management and more ...
    I would later have small questions to make small settings with control / parking etc ...

!!! Thank you for all your help, you are super guys !!! !!!
    See you soon

(Soon a few photos in my Build section, with the history)

Misterg and Alex Chambers like this.
  17. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

You are very welcome - it's what this community does.

Alex.

Alain JBT likes this.