Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Questions about the Linear Guide Rails...

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Steve Nall, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Steve Nall

Builder

I am seriously thinking about building a CNC using the Linear Rails available in the parts store. I have a few questions on them though.

Using the C-Beam™ Linear Actuator Bundle in 1000mm x 2 for X axis and the 1000mm X 1 for Y axis. Where do I get the plates to bolt to them and the gantry? I have seen mention of the
    ChrisClub Ox Heavy Duty plates but have been unable to locate where to purchase. Will these brackets take the place of the end plates on my Y axis linear rail(gantry rail)?

Also, what type of speed and accuracy could I expect building a CNC completely out of these linear rails?

2 x 1000mm for X
    1 x 1000mm for Y
    1 x 250mm for Z

It will use the above mentioned linear rails and basically be 1000mm x 1000mm with a 250mm working height on the Z(router)

Thanks for any information you can pass me way.

Steve

2. SugarJ

SugarJ Well-Known
    Builder

See here for his ebay store: Items in Blue Ox Solutions store on eBay!
    Accuracy should be good as long as your gantry axis does not flex. I can't speak to the speed, I'm still getting my leadscrew based Ox up and going. Leadscrews will be slower than belt or rack and pinion.

Steve Nall likes this.
  3. Steve Nall

Builder

Thanks...i lucked up and found Chis on eBay today. Contacted him and ordered the tall cbeam complete set. Hopefully with the extra wheels and cbeam it will be plenty strong. My plan is to use the 425oz nema23 motors.

4. SugarJ

SugarJ Well-Known
    Builder

I use the same size motors on my x and y axes, got mine through Longs on Ebay.

Steve Nall likes this.