Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Power Supplies

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Woodie49, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Woodie49

Woodie49 New
    Builder

Looking for a 24v power supply.

2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

The switched mode types (cheaply available on the bay) work for me. You need to know how many Amps you require before you make your choice.

Tweakie.

3. Woodie49

Woodie49 New
    Builder

The Motor Controller I thinking of useing is the one 3-Axis Unipolar CNC Stepper Motor Driver / Controller 3 Amps per Phase. ebay item number 280911250280
    This power supply, 24 volt DC output Meanwell S-150-24 power suplly 6.5 amp, ebay number

4. Woodie49

Woodie49 New
    Builder

Found this one for alittle more.
    24V DC 15A 360W Regulated Switching Power Supply Transformer NEW High Quality 24V DC 15A 360W Regulated Switching Power Supply Transformer

5. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

6. Cleyton Alencar

Builder

I am sorry if I am making a beginner's mistake, but I decided to check with you guys if I am doing something wrong or if I have a problem on my power supply. I got the power supply linked above, however when i measure the output with my multi-meter, i get an unstable read that ranges from 9v to 10.5v. The power supply model is LED Power S-500-24. AC Input 110/220v +- 15% DC output 24V 21A.

24V/20A Power Supply

There is a dial when you can fine tune the output voltage, however I am way off to fine tune and also is unstable. Also there is a 110/220v Switch, however it is located inside the housing. The web page says that comes set to 110V by default, and I don't want to open to check since opening the housing will break the warranty seal.

Also there is a noise when the power supply is on, witch I believe that is a cable hitting the fan.

Here follows a link to a video showing what I am experiencing.

Thank you in advance for the help

Cleyton

7. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hello Cleyton,
    Looks too me like the power supply is simply bad and is in need of replacement.
    We apologize for any delay that this may cause your build
    We have since upgraded the casings on these units to include a hole for easy access to the voltage switch and the OpenBuilds Part Store Team will be sending and new unit out to you as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to your build :thumbsup:

8. Cleyton Alencar

Builder

Thank you Mark. I appreciate it.
    Do I need any return label to send this power supply to you ? I saved all the boxes.