Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

posting problem

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by GeekinaCave, Mar 22, 2017.

1. GeekinaCave

GeekinaCave Well-Known
    Builder

Good day

I'm trying to make a post into the "win a smoothieboard" contest but doesn't allow me to do so.

2. GeekinaCave

GeekinaCave Well-Known
    Builder

This is the post, i don't see any problem on it.

Attached Files:

• post.txt
      File size:
      327 bytes
      Views:
  3. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

I just posted your text with no issues so I don't thin kit is the content of your message. Can you try again and let me know what error are you getting?

4. GeekinaCave

GeekinaCave Well-Known
    Builder

I tried again and it works now... weird.
    I remember the error say something about inappropriate content, spam or internal error.

5. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

Very glad it works now!

6. phil from seattle

phil from seattle Journeyman
    Builder

I'm having the exact same problem. "Spam like or inappropriate". But I can't see what it would be. Perhaps because I've never posted before?

7. phil from seattle

phil from seattle Journeyman
    Builder

Hmmm. above message appears to have been approved. Forum SW still thinks I'm spamming or cussing. Here's text in an attached file.

Attached Files:

8. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

THIS IS A TEST OF Phil's Message

C-Beam Machine with xPRO V3 Questions

So I took the leap and ordered the C-Beam machine with the optional NEMA 23 steppers and xPRO V3 controller. I plan on using a 24V power supply.

I'm a bit surprised that there is not more info on xPRO V3. I couldn't find a schematic for V3, V1 and V2 yes but not V3. Any pointers would be appreciated.

The xPRO stepper drivers are limited to 2.5A peak but recommended much lower - 1.8A. The steppers have 2.8A max. Seems like a mismatch but the video shows what I believe is that exact configuration so clearly the xPRO doesn't burn up! Joking aside, I assume that it should work ok. I am worried about heat production so I'll use forced air cooling. Are there recommended heat sinks?

Grounding the C-Beam machine. I am a bit surprised I haven't seen this topic discussed (though could have missed it). I'm planning on grounding the C-Beam Machine frame to earth (3rd wire on the mains). (note: this is not the same as ground on the xPRO board, that is actually 0V though often called minus on the power supplies.) This is usually a good practice for machines. I'll be running off of a GFCI outlet. Am I missing something here? Not sure if I'll false pops on the GFCI.

Anyway, thanks for looking and maybe replying!
    Phil