Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Port Issue between BlackBox and OB Control...

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Tony LaBelle, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Tony LaBelle

Builder

Hello All - I'm suddenly having issues with the port disconnecting during Jobs. In the Serial control panel it would report port not connected. I shut down everything and restarted PC-software / BlackBox and re-zeroed. Started the job and the port disconnected again. I checked wiring for loose connections but they seem fine. Could it be the Port in BlackBox is going bad? Any ideas?

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

4. Tony LaBelle

Builder

Thanks for the info. Its a strange issue. I've already went through the above steps some time ago and my Mini-CNC been working flawlessly making plates for my 1meter x 1meter CNC Router...then yesterday it started crashing. I'm troubleshooting today, starting with the items you've suggested above. I'm thinking it could be my laptop, since it recently did a 'forced update' :mad: (I hate Windows 10). If I can't make it work, I'll remove Laptop/OB Control and switch back to BlackBox/Interface to continue efforts on plates.