Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Pop Culture CNC

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Rob Taylor, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Spotted this flash on screen in passing whilst catching up on Arrow Season 3. There in the bottom right:

Arrow_S03E16_TheOffer_CNCGantryRouter.JPG

Can't tell if the unit is commercial or hand-built, but the router looks to be a Milwaukee "3-1/2 Max HP Fixed-Base Production Router" (not doable even if it maxes out a 20A line, good old marketing...):

Milwaukee 3-1/2 Max HP Fixed-Base Production Router-5625-20 - The Home Depot

Expensive! The blue box hidden behind the control bar is the gantry bracket, you can see the lead nut on it connected to that dark line running along the bottom there.

Anyone else catch maker stuff in pop culture? I think this is the first and only time I have so far. This episode was probably shot mid-2014... It would be interesting to see how far we've come since then, if any. Also interesting is the fact that it's a gantry/table router rather than a probably-more-recognisable 3D printer.

I hope we see it working at some point, micro-production being presented in the media as an achievable pursuit would be fantastic.

Mark Carew likes this.