Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Plate Maker V-slot Table

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Kyo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Kyo

Kyo Master
    Staff Member Resident Builder Builder

Kyo published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Flash22

Flash22 Veteran
    Builder

I have run a v-slot bed for a year on my c-beam, while it worked well the lack of clamping depth started to be a problem, I have moved over to a cast aluminium t-slot bed (10mm)

My double wide CBeam

#2 Flash22, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  3. Kyo

Kyo Master
    Staff Member Resident Builder Builder

That is a really cool Cast Plate! Source? I am mostly trying to use what I have on hand for this rebuild. I am currently getting 38mm of Z-axis clearance before my mdf spoiler board is added. I could net another 20mm with some slight rearranging but I rarely need the extra. I do have well over 100mm of Z-axis travel as it sits.

Mounted up my home switches the other day. Simple 1/4" aluminum mounts for each N/C roller switch. A mini V-wheel mounted on the side of the OB router mount makes for a excellent trigger point for the Z-axis switch.

Limit_1.jpg

X-Axis, triggers on the Z c-beam.

Limit_2.jpg

Y-axis, triggers on the smaller bed plate.

Limit_3.jpg

4. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Great video Kyo.

Kyo likes this.
  5. Flash22

Flash22 Veteran
    Builder

I'm Based in the uk and the plate was purchased from a uk company that turns out to be based in Germany, It come via UPS very well packed, they are also a seller on ebay most of there listings are in german tho

https://vacuumtables.co.uk/

I have just moved my axis height up by 80mm but I also lowered the table height by 15-20mm, the only limiting factor is the spindle clearance to the work piece, I did start to look at collet extensions, but the loadings when cutting may take its toll on the lower spindle bearing - this will give another 30-35mm clearance @ 8mm diameter

eg.

[​IMG]

Edit. I mite just have to borrow that v-wheel idea as I have some spare - I was just going to turn up a few aluminium caps on the lathe

#5 Flash22, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017