Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Planet CNC Mk3/4 Output board with Servo Driver - need help wiring

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by cdfleischmann, Jul 21, 2018.

1. cdfleischmann

Builder

Hello folks, hoping you can help me.

I have spent a number of hours now trying to figure out how to wire the following components:

Planet CNC output board that provides the following wiring diagram to a VFD (Using output board for spindle control - Planet CNC).

[​IMG]
    Which works great when I follow this wiring instruction for a VFD which then controls the spindle.

However, when I swap out the VFD out for a servo motor and its motor driver... I can't seem to get the wiring working properly.

The AC Servo motor w/ driver provides the following instructions (and pictures).:

From the manufacturer:
    1.png 2.jpg

As per the instructions:

1 void void
    2 analog voltage + 5v
    3 analog input 0~10V the speed change between 0~7000rpm
    4, analog voltage to ground
    5 input
    6 Input port 2 default speed reversal (6 connect to 78,the motor will run forword, 6didnot connect to 78 the motor will run reversal)
    7 input port 1 default start signal in 4 legs and 5,6,7 between the increase of 5v voltage is valid input
    8 void void (7and 8 need to connect )

9 Output signal 1
    10 Output signal 1 COM
    11 Output signal 2
    12 Output signal 2 COM

They mentioned I only need to worry about 3-8.

And there is a company that distributes them in the US and they provide the following wiring diagram (https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2017/10/2200Wwiring.pdf.pdf) :

3.jpg

What I am trying to understand is how can I wire the Output board from Planet-CNC to work with this particular driver?

I am a little confused between the manufacturers diagram/drawing and the American Distributor's diagram... and of course the three relays that are available to use on the Output board.

Any thoughts, help or wiring diagrams much appreciated, its driving me batty.

Chris