Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Photo VCarve

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by GrandpawB, Sep 1, 2014.

1. GrandpawB

GrandpawB Well-Known
    Builder

I just got my copy of PhotoVCarve. Loaded it up in my computer. First try is a head shot of a local singer. Looks great in Photo VCarve. However, when I load it into Mach3, all I get are vertical lines of the same depth. No image has formed. There's no image in the DRO window either. Attached is the image I'm using. B&W with good contrast. My material is level both X and Y. Used default depth with a 1/8" ball nose up-cut bit. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong.:banghead:

Attached Files:

2. GrandpawB

GrandpawB Well-Known
    Builder

My next try will be with this image. (attached) Maybe this will work better. :)

Attached Files:

3. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

When setting it up in VCarve, don't you get the 3d simulation in wood? Showing the Tool paths etc as is?
    I have the Program, haven't used it yet, but I've watched loads of videos, and they show it being completely set up as per carving. If you don't get it when transferred to gCode I don't think it would be V Carve at fault. I think it must be a setting in Mach3.
    Gray

4. GrandpawB

GrandpawB Well-Known
    Builder