Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ox X axis not moving

Discussion in 'Motors' started by eddyg, Jun 28, 2016.

1. eddyg

eddyg New
    Builder

Hello guys, I'm building a large OX and finally got everything hooked up but I have a problem I can't find an answer. I'm using a TinyG with Chillipepper. I configured the XYZ axis in Chillipepper, using $1ma=2 for the Z axis, $2ma and $3ma=1 for the Ys, and $4ma=0 for the X axis. The Z and the Y motors are moving when I Jog, except the X axis, the motor doesn't move, it just makes a sound and a vibration but no movement. I hear a moving sound but nothing. I loosened the belt a little, thinking it might have been too tight but still it doesn't move.
    If I turn the power off and move the X axis manually the motor send signals to the TinyG, which tells me it might not be a connection, but I checked the connections and they are fine. I even moved the wires to the Y connection on the tinyG and the motor moves fine when I jog the Y axis.
    Any ideas or suggestions? very much appreciated.

2. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

Is there a trim pot? Try jogging it with the pulley slacked off.

3. eddyg

eddyg New
    Builder

Thank you Julius, I got the answer from the vendor were I got the kit. It turns out the tinyg's motor 4 doesn't work with the X axis, only with the Z axis. So I had to configure the motors to motor 1 = X, motor 2 & 3 = Y and motor4 = Z. and it works. I've had so many problems with this TinyG I'm about to change to a controller that doesn't use Chilipepper and uses Mach3. One of the main problems is it runs on INTERNET- if one of my kids plays a YouTube video and the connection slows down Chilipepper delays sending data to the tinyG making the router skip and in many instances get stuck as the data picks up and continues from another point. I've tried and tried to patiently work with it, but there's only so much to patience.
    Regards.

4. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

Look into UGS, or I may be interested in buying it actually. We could do a swap? I have an arduino and a Gshield right now.

5. eddyg

eddyg New
    Builder

Definitely something we could consider Julius. I'm waiting for my workload to slow down to try to make the switch. I'll look into it. thanks. If I could ask, Why your interest in tinyG?

6. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

I actually want a shield that delivers more Amps to my motor, but I have it sorted out with my gshield now. Up to you, if you want to go to something simpler.