Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX with a Custom Electronics Case

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by eddyg, Jun 20, 2016.

1. eddyg

eddyg New
    Builder

eddyg published a new build:

Read more about this build...

GrayUK likes this.
  2. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

why 2 power supplies? Is one for the spindle? I found a fan unnecessary for mine. Drivers barely get higher then body temperature.
    You seem to have the nuts on your wheels on the wrong side of the plates ;)
    The fan should also be the other way, so it exhausts air instead of an intake. Youre just going to load that box with shavings once you start cutting. The side of the fan with the "grill" is where the air exits.

3. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

@eddyg glad to see you stuck with it and got your machine up and running. I know that some of the info on the OX Build is spread out and can be hard to find . This is something that we are hoping to go back an clean up. The idea is to make the Builds more easily accessible like the new C-Beam Machine Build All the information is there and all the parts are stock. Makes for a much nicer Build to follow along with.

4. eddyg

eddyg New
    Builder

Julius, thanks for your comments and observations. One power supply is for the TinyG the other for the spindle and spindle controller. I'll check the nuts, I'm new to all of this and trying to follow along the instructions was a little confusing at times. I thought the reason for the fan is to cool down the components?? I'm listening, like I said, I'm new to all this. But truth is, I'm having fun with the process. I'll check on that too. Thank you for your observations. Any help is greatly appreciated.

5. eddyg

eddyg New
    Builder

Mark, thank you for your post and comments. I am very happy with the OX, you've done a great job at putting together a machine for the rest of us, like they say. I'm looking forward to better information, since I think this is just my first build - I feel the addiction settling in. : ) I think I would like to make a second, once I know enough about the first.

GrayUK and Mark Carew like this.
  6. ericnav

ericnav New
    Builder