Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX Ooznest CNC motors not moving

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Coffeedeans, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Coffeedeans

Builder

Hey,

Apologies if this is a bit of a daft query (I'm hoping it's a daft query with a simple fix to be perfectly honest), I've finally finished building our 1500x1500 Ooznest cnc and have got to the testing stage but I can't get the stepper motors to budge.

I've went back and checked the wiring, everything on the CNC xPro corresponds to the wiring diagrams provided. I've increased the torque on the controller pots but I still can't get it to budge. I've downloaded Universal Gcode Sender version 2.0 nightly, running on Windows 10. I've changed the code to what was specified in the instructions and the step size is set to increments of 20mm.

The machine moves freely on the axis by hand, when moved by hand the corresponding lights come on on the CNC xPro so I'm assuming it's not a wiring problem (well that and that my first port of call when it didn't move was to double check the connections on everything) but I am now at a loss. I've never built a cnc before and my knowledge of electronics is limited so I'm hoping that I can draw upon everyone else's knowledge base and skill set to get our machine off the ground.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

Natalie

2. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Hi,

Have you tried setting $4 = 1?

Ryan

3. Brian Beebe

Builder

$4 = 1 worked for me.
    Using xPro CNC, GRBL1.1 and 24V PS.
    Symptoms:
    All the LEDs by the drivers were turning off and no movement happened when commanded on any axis.

Ryan Lock likes this.
  4. Coffeedeans

Builder

Sorry for the late reply, had to wait until Monday morning to get back in the workshop. $4=1 did indeed work! Getting movement in all directions on all axis now. Thanks for the help

Ryan Lock likes this.
  5. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Great news!