Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX CNC ROUTER

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by DanStone, Feb 16, 2018.

1. DanStone

DanStone New
    Builder

Good Morning All,

Could someone tell me please if the ox cnc router will engrave stone? I am abit lost with trying to find the right one, I'm looking at being able to cut letters etc into stone but also metal and wood if I so wish.
    It seems the only one capable is the ox metal cnc, however when you youtube videos there are people using very similar machines to the standard ox cnc to engrave stone but not the exact machine so don't know if they have a modification that enables the machine to cut stone and the like or is it a completely different machine I need?

I also ask the same question for the c-beam machine, does anyone know if this would be capable of engraving stone and metal?

I can find the ox cnc router to buy but not the ox metal cnc and do not understand why or what I need to do.

I am unable to find a price for the ox metal cnc but on one of the replies to the video of this machine the maker clearly tells someone the machine is 1500 US dollars but cheaper if shipped to new Zealand, but cannot find the machine for sale.

I cannot seem to find a straight answer as to whether or not the two machines - ox cnc router and c-beam machine will engrave stone and if not how do I get a ox metal cnc?

Can someone please help.

Thanks

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

If you have the right bit to do the carving in stone there is no reason why the OX will not cut/engrave a stone, as long as you keep the speed and the Depth of Cut (DoC) correct. Not too fast and/or not too deep.

3. DanStone

DanStone New
    Builder

That is brilliant. Thank you so much.

4. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

I think the other things you need to keep in mind are, dust, and cooling. :rolleyes:
    Wow, you are going to get an awful lot of dust if you don't run wet, :banghead: and if you run wet, which you really should, then you need to consider your cutting table material, drainage and filtering. Just for starters.
    It is pefectly feasable, but you are going to need to consider the peripheral elements as I have mentioned, and design the machine around them. :thumbsup: