Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ox CNC not cutting correctly

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by mreitt, Jul 24, 2017.

1. mreitt

mreitt New
    Builder

Hi,

I have build an OX CNC and I cant get it to cut the model correctly.

An example of something I have tried to cut is attached along with the GCODE file.

The letters were created in Illustrator and imported into Fusion 360 to extrude and create the toolpath. I have saved it as generic grbl.

The simulation is fine and when I open in in bCNC it also looks fine. While machining bCNC preview window shows it machining correctly but its not. It pauses and starts to run lines through my model.

I am using Audrino Uno with CNC Sheild, running GRBL.

This is getting really frustraiting and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

Attached Files:

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The problem is in the Fusion settings, you have set a lead-in and lead-out where you actually need a ramp.

the leadin would work if the bit was coming down outside of the material (at the start of each layer), but instead it is rapidly diving down into the material, much too fast to cut, so the bit is getting clogged and then a stepper stalls and you get runaways like this.
    Watch the simulation carefully and you will see this, in fact it might warn of a collision.