Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OX Build - Z axis bearings not touching aluminum

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by iH8vols, Oct 14, 2017.

1. iH8vols

iH8vols New
    Builder

I feel like I'm SO CLOSE. Did some test cuts today. I tried some small circles and they looked terrible. Kept cutting more and watching it and noticed some movement on the Z Axis.

I was cutting. MDF. When the router makes contact and starts moving down there was some wiggle. I shut everything down and found that on the right side, only 1 of the 4 wheels is actually touching the axis. I've tried tightening and loosening the wheels but I'm not seeing much difference. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Mouldy

Mouldy New
    Builder

On my build - Its a Cbeam XL but the Z axis is similar - I found the X-axis subassembly ie the frame with wheels in it caused the font plate to bend a little. I assume the spacer posts where slightly longer that the wheel assemblies. This in turn caused the z-axis plate to bow out a little thereby opening the z axis wheels. They were still slack even on the tightest adjustment. In the end I had t short the spacer posts by about .1mm This seemed to help. Not sure why it happened, my wheels were not too tight.

So try removing you z axis and put a straight edge across the plat to see if its still flat