Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Openbuilds xyz probe not working

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Soultie, May 3, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Soultie

Soultie New
    Builder

The Lead 1515 does not do anything when I use the "Automatic" probe wizard, or the "xyz" probe wizard. Individual axis probing works fine. Touching the magnet to the probe lights up the LED's on the probe and the blackbox x32, as does touching the probe to the bit with the magnet attached to it. The troubleshooting section of the CONTROL software indicates that the probe is responsive. But every time I click automatic or xyz, the machine is unresponsive - it just doesnt start the probing process or move at all. After a minute of waiting, I eventually hit abort, disconnect, then reconnect. The weird thing is, as soon as I reconnect, the machine quickly moves to the center of the probe like its about to check bit length. Not sure what could be wrong, any help is appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Did you follow all the setup steps in the BlackBox documentation (Particularly, make sure you didn't skip section 7.1?)

If you did, please do follow section 7.1 (and have a read through section 7.2)

3. Soultie

Soultie New
    Builder

:) I did not update the firmware, I will do that ASAP. Thanks for your time!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.