Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Part Store Announces Exciting New Parts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mark Carew, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

OpenBuilds is pleased to announce a host of exciting new
    parts being added to their ever growing parts supply!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The OpenBuilds design team has been working hard to bring you the latest in mechanical cutting edge technology.​

[​IMG]

As always, OpenBuilds leads the way in innovative new tech, so please subscribe to our new product feed and check back often on the OpenBuilds Part Store for the latest updates.

Thank you for your support

-OpenBuilds Team

Note: Please contact OpenBuilds Part Store Distributors in your area to see when they will be adding these new parts to their inventory.

3DMON likes this.
  2. Mark Carew

As of now all we are able to supply is the 1000 length. I use a hacksaw to cut it down to the length needed for builds for instance if I am making small Z axis runs. It comes in handy having the extra to use for future builds as well. We may add 500 mm length in the future but we though that the 1000 would really be nice for making a good powerful cnc machine.

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

How are the new nuts in regards to backlash?

4. Mark Carew

This is not been determined for these yet, but for sure it will be hobby grade (what ever that comes out to be ;) ) as they are tapped plastic with no spring tension like some of the anti-backlash nuts. On setting up test beds they are working very nice and get the job done when it comes to a project that needs screw power.

5. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

Any idea of a source of nuts for these rods? I'm need to get sufficient compression on thrust bearings to any eliminate play and I don't think I can achieve this by merely tightening set screw collars up against them.

6. Mark Carew

At the moment we do not have the nuts for these other then the plate and block but we will look into making these as they would be helpful. An idea that may work for the time being is to use the nut plate (cut off the flat mounting plate leaving just the nut shape) and tap a set screw hole or two into the sides or maybe even use two tightened one on top of the other. Just and idea that may help you get by.

7. Robert Hummel

Robert Hummel Custom Builder

I find it works well so far but I have not cut anything yet

8. Dan J

Dan J New
    Builder

When will the lead screws come back in stock? I'm dying to put together a timelapse rig powered by the ChronosController 2.0 and I want to use the OpenBuilds linear actuator as the rail

9. Mark Carew

Hello Dan,
    You could try and send a message to the part store via the contact form here: http://openbuildspartstore.com/about-us/
    Its may be that they have a few not accounted for in stock that they could send out to you, so that you could complete your project. :)
    BTW that controller looks cool!