Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Openbuilds OX kitt?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Mike Wellink, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Mike Wellink

Builder

Hi you all,

I'm just joining the world of CNC and would like to have a small OX-like cnc-machine for cutting Carbon Fiber plates. Like I sayed: I'm new to cnc and though I'm handy.....I don't now how to work on the electronics department of a cnc machine. There fore I was hoping there are OX like kitts outthere one could buy and assemble at home. Or a complete parts-list with links were to buy them (including a manual on how to assemble it).
    And let's say I want to cut a plate 300x150mm....what would the dimensions from the OX (So I can calculate what lenght I need for the rails).

With kind regards,
    Mike Wellink
    The Netherlands

2. Frederic Goddeeris

Builder

Hi Mike,

Have a look at the parts-list in http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/openbuilds-ox-cnc-machine.341/ It lists everything you need with handy links to the part-shop. The 2 build video's provide 3 hours of footage.
    The store has a faq with distributors. I have ordered ny parts partly form the main US openbuilds store, the Italian openbuilds store and sourced the OX plates form "Chris Laidlaw" <[email protected]>

Hope this helps
    Frederic

3. Mike Wellink

Builder

Hi Frederic,

this helps a lot! Thans for your information. I'll check it out.

Kind regards,
    Mike Wellink
    The Netherlands