Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds CAM Slow? Freezes?

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Andrew Fraser, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Andrew Fraser

Builder

Has anyone else been experiencing OpenBuilds CAM being slow, I've tried it on a Windows 10 (Chrome & Edge) and on a Mac (Chrome & Safari), and when importing DXF files it just freezes up and doesn't complete the task?

I've updated both computer to the latest versions, and updated all the OpenBuilds software to their latest versions?

Otherwise, might be on the search for a different CAM software that's a bit more reliable...

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Its an entry level free CAM. If your DXF is very complicated, it will choke on it. Try some other designs.

Refer to docs.openbuilds.com for alternate CAM recommendations as well as info on troubleshooting CAD files.

3. Andrew Fraser

Builder

It's not that complicated, a 60mm circle with 4x 1/4" holes and 4x 3/8" holes in it, but it just keeps freezing. Even with any other DXF file, same issue.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

That is weird. Sure its a DXF R14? See docs:software:file-errors [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Any other PC to test on?

Post the file and i'll check on Monday when I am in front of a PC again (typing this via mobile)