Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds CAM Gcode Creator Machine Setting

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by kudret, Jul 17, 2021.

1. kudret

kudret New
    Builder

I start to have a drawing experiment and I a not getting an equal pen touching on to the paper. Basically, the machine only draws on the right side of the x-axis. Could be machine surface is not level or somethings else?

I have an Ox machine 1000x1500mm which would be the best settings in Cam Gcode Creator to get the equivalent machine I have, looks like there is no in the list?

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.19.17 pm.png

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You want a pen holder than can compensate for any uneven surface (gravity or spring powered, lifted off the surface between moves by servo)

The profiles list prepopulates the fields below. If yours isnt in the list, choose a similar one (acro with pen plotter?) to get into the ballpark, then continue downward and set up your custom sizes.

kudret likes this.
  3. kudret

kudret New
    Builder

Thanks, Peter, by the way, it would be awesome to have a detailed OpenBuilds Cam Software tutorial. For example, struggling to set up cam software with the custom machine.

#3 kudret, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  4. kudret

kudret New
    Builder

what is M3Sxxx stand for in Z axis move?

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Spindle speed / laser power / servo position (remember pen holder servo is a tool. Not a z axis)
    Should be G0/1/2/3 Z(+/-)0-999999

If your pen is attached to a servo, you use the Pen Plotter operations. If your pen is attached to a Z axis its not a tool, its an extension of your axis and thus you cannot use Pen Plotter operations. You have to use regular toolpaths