Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuildParts Store

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by otourko, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otourko

otourko New
    Builder

Hi everyone, I'm note sure where else to post this, but here it goes...

I placed an order on June 1st on the OpenBuldsParts Store, and the status has been sitting at Awaiting Fulfillment since then. All the parts that I ordered were in stock, and the FAQ page states that most orders ship in 1-2 business days. I'm still somewhat hopeful - but my order hasn't been shipped yet, and what's worse is that they haven't replied to my emails in 3 days. It's a small business, I get that, but not replying to emails is very sketchy, especially because its the only way of contacting them since they don't provide a phone number.

This brings me to question the legitimacy of the OpenBuildsParts Store website... is this business even real? I hope that it is, because the concept is really cool, and I was hoping to order more supplies after receiving this 'test' one (which would have just enough parts for me to begin my project)... I don't really have much confidence that they'll deliver anymore. What have others experiences been like? Have I been scammed?

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I ordered on the 30th and they shipped late in the day on the 3rd. This is my fourth order and the first one that took more than 2 days. But as they recently restocked a lot of materials, they have probably been slammed with orders.

Nothing to worry about. You should be about due.

Mark Carew likes this.
  3. otourko

otourko New
    Builder

Thanks for the quick reply Rick, it's good to know that others have in fact received their orders :)

4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team

Hello @otourko
    Mark here from the OpenBuilds team. We apologize for the delay and will be shipping your order asap.
    There has been a lot going on in the background here at OpenBuilds that will help the order process run more smoothly. Mainly we will have more hands on deck helping to speed up the order process as well as answer part store emails in a more timely fashion.
    Once again our sincere apologies and please know that we will be responding to all emails very soon.
    Have fun with your build! :) Looking forward to seeing what your working on.

P.S. Thank you @Rick 2.0 for your helpful response :thumbsup:
    Mark

5. Ed Betlinski

Builder

Hi Everyone,
    I have placed 3 separate orders, May 5, May 27 and June 3. Everything I ordered was listed as In Stock, which is the reason for the 3 orders. I was informed a couple of days ago that the May 27 order shipped and today that the June 3 order shipped. However, the May 5 order is still awaiting fulfillment. I can't understand why the later orders shipped before the first, especially since everything was In Stock. Problem is that I won't be able to start building anything until the first order comes in. That and the fact that it is being shipped to the Philippines means that by the time it gets here and goes through Customs, I should be finishing my OX around Christmas. Any reply on what is happening?

6. Mark Carew

7. Mark Carew

Hey guys,
    To keep things going to the right places, we are asking that for future part store order questions, please fill out the contact form located here:
    http://openbuildspartstore.com/about-us/
    This will help us to stay organized, get your questions to the right people and stream line the response process. :)
    Thank you for your help
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.