Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Open Beam with Arduino Sheild and Limit switches

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Marcwolf, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Marcwolf

Marcwolf New
    Builder

Hi Folks.
    I know a bit about electronics and have been hacking the Marlin code of my 3D printer for a while. I also use Arduino's in various projects.

Ok. I am making my CNC machine and am using an Arduino UNO with a Arduino CNC Shield Version 3.0. I am also using GRBL 1.1

I can get the steppers to move correctly but I am having a nightmare with the limit switches. I have mounted the NO on the CNC and checked them with a multi-meter. I have plugged the switches in to the corresponding + and - pins (Yes I did read the instructions and swapped the Z+ around)

But nothing I can do seems to make my CNC recognize the limit switches. I have looked over the web for several hours and cannot seem to find a solution. If necessary I will mod my GRBL code but would prefer to do that with some advice/input for others.

Many thanks
    Dave

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hi Dave,
    Post your grbl settings here.
    Also what interface software are you using such as UGS or GRBL panel? make sure to use the pinouts for 1.1 as there are some conflicting pinouts out there.
    Follow this guide. notice it's pin 9, 10 and 12.. 11 is the pwm spindle output. and you should have $5 = 0 for NO switches

Cheers
    Gary