Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OOZnest OX CNC: How tight z-axis wheels

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by MplsArtist, Apr 5, 2017.

1. MplsArtist

Builder

I've finished building the X-carriage assembly and now working mating it with the Z-axis. The wheels for the Z axis travel seem to be awfully tight despite adjusting the eccentric spacers. On Mark Carew's video at 44:31 he states that the wheels should be good and tight. How tight should they be? Some wheels move freely when spun with a fingertip, others move with some mild friction, others barely move at all and seem very tight. What is the preferred amount of friction?

2. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Hi,

They should move with mild friction. I wouldn't have any loose ones. If you do the top and bottom set first, then do the middle ones, i think is the best method.

Best Regards

Ryan Lock

Mark Carew likes this.
  3. MplsArtist

Builder

Ryan:
    Thanks for the tip! That helped quite a bit. I also found it beneficial to tip the assembly on it's side so that the eccentric adjusters were on the bottom. I then loosened the M5 bolts holding the opposite side wheel assemblies so they wobbled a bit. I then applied light downward pressure on the side of each wheel assembly so that they came into more contact with the Z axis track, and then re-tightened the assembly.
    Steve

4. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Hi Steve,

Yup that is the way :duh:

Best Regards

Ryan Lock