Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OB forum rocks

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by pappydan, Sep 28, 2017.

1. pappydan

pappydan Well-Known
    Builder

I have visited several forums for various projects over the years and OB is hands down the most productive forum that I have ever visited. On most forums the threads will go off topic so far and fast that any productivity is negated. Sooooo,hats off to everyone here for trying to help each other out and not turning every thread into a debate or trying to reinvent the wheel. It is really disgusting to me to see a forum for people of like minds and interests turn into a pissing contest congesting the internet with gigabytes of useless drivel.

MaryD, GrayUK and Joe Santarsiero like this.
  2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

pappydan.
    I'm so glad you like our site and how we do things here. :D
    I know what you mean about wandering off subject, and just being obnoxious for the hell of it. :banghead:
    Fortunately we haven't had to deal with many incidents like that. :rolleyes:
    I think it's because, people who come here are really looking, for the answers to their hobby problems and learning a great deal in the process.
    To be honest, I feel people like yourself, and others on here, really don't have time to be a pain in the butt.
    We are an exciting site to visit. We have a broad selection of affiliated and interlinked hobbies.
    With complete beginners, intermediates and the deeply wise ones. (Not including me!) :)
    No one gets treated as a Muppet, and although a question may be asked many, many times, someone will always help out with the answer.
    Well that ends that OB promotion advert. :sleepy:
    Thanks, on behalf of the "Openbuild Crew" for the Compliments, I'm sure they will be greatly pleased to be so appreciated. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Well done
    Gray

MaryD likes this.
  3. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I have to say, for me, the atmosphere here at OpenBuilds is less like a forum and more along the lines of a fun meeting place for builders and makers where we all get together and really enjoy hanging out, talking about cool ideas and helping out with each others projects.
    Here at OpenBuilds you will find some of the most amazing and talented individuals on the planet and its so great hanging out with you all.
    I believe it's this genuine open nature of the community that makes it really a great place to want to be.
    To this point, OpenBuilds mods and the community at large get the credit on how great this forum has become as they have done an amazing job at making sure users of all caliber are welcomed and encouraged.
    Props go out to all you guys! :thumbsup:

MaryD and GrayUK like this.