Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

No voltage from power supply once plugged into BlackBox 32

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Jeff Mahkorn, May 14, 2023.

1. Jeff Mahkorn

Builder

So I tried to hook up my new Black Box 32 with the meanwell power supply fitted with the OpenBuild adapter. When I test voltage with it not plugged into the Black box I get 24v and a solid red light on the power supply, once I plug it into the black box the red Openbuilds logo light on the PSU slowly blinks and no 24v output voltage, I got it to stay solid at one point and the power indicator light on the black box did come on. It seems to connect properly to the Connect software via usb but I don’t actually know how to run the program as this is my first build.
    The kicker here is that I wired it reversed polarity the first time and powered it up.
    I’m guessing I shorted something out and the PSU is being triggered to stop supplying voltage but just a thought. Any advice or troubleshooting procedures would help and be appreciated!

2. Jeff Mahkorn

Builder

Also a little bit more info, the setup I’ve built only contains 3 steppers and 3 limit switches, no probe, no spindle or tools, basically just a 3 axis camera motion controller for now. I do have plans for a 3D printer and or laser but for now this is all I’m controlling. Does anything need to change in the black box setup or parameters to operate this simple type build?

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please contact the store for further assistance via Support > New Ticket