Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Newbe CE10S PRO V2

Discussion in '3D printers' started by P Dog, Aug 16, 2021.

1. P Dog

P Dog New
    Builder

Hi All,

I am brand new to this 3D printing world, I have an Emblaser Core and been using Lightburn software for that and very happy with that system. So I wanted to learn 3D printing and designing. I have built the CR10 and its ready to test which I will do soon.

However I have a MacBook M1, And what do you all recommend I use to design things I want to print as I have spent all last night searching and finally got Cura up and running but that looks more like a viewing software, than a designe and building software, again I am supper new and only had a quick play with Cura and any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

Cura is a slicer software, not design software. It takes the .stl file and cuts it to layers that the 3d printer then prints.

I use Fusion360 to design 3d parts. It's free for hobbyist and has a learning curve that may be steep but once I started getting the gist of it it worked a charm.
    There is also SketchUp. I used it for designing 3d stuff until I heard of Fusion360 and stopped using SketchUp for 3d and use it only for 2d.

There are others but I'm not familiar with those.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

TinkerCAD is pretty beginner friendly: