Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Newb needing help.

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Kevin Payler, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Kevin Payler

Builder

I am new here and also new to the world of steppers controllers and such. My first project is an Acro machine that I have finally gotten all together, but I seem to have a controller issue. I am using the xPro V3 and I can jog it using Laserweb, but nothing else so far will even connect with it. The computers I am using are Windows 10 with the proper driver installed. I haven't run the laser yet (want to get the motion straightened out first. The second issue is that my movement isn't going the correct distance (jog 100 mm results in an approximate 48mm movement. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Any Grbl host should connect to it.

Some tips
    - upgrade Grbl to 1.1 if not already (Instructions on github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki)
    - check baud rate in software, some older hosts default to 9600. Grbl 0.9/1.1 is 115200
    - ensure your application is grbl 1.1 compatible

What other apps did you try.

Distance: see wiki linked above, and Configure grbl with correct steps per mm

3. Kevin Payler

Builder

After further tinkering and reading I managed to get the movement corrected as well as getting other programs to run. Thanks for your help!

I hope to post a build in a short while, just trying to clean things up a bit and hopefully to my first "burn" this weekend.