Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New workbee - simple Nema 23 mounting question

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Dave Dreher, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Dave Dreher

Builder

So I am getting close to my complete workbee build. Wiring is starting tonight. I have looked at youtube vidoes, written instructions. It looks like the X Axis (the one the router rides on) might have this confused.

But the motor seems to get mounted on different sides in different instructions. Looking at it from the "front" sometimes the motor is on the right, sometimes on the left. Does it matter, I will be running the black box controller, and using the Control software. Using lead screws too.

Sorry for the newbie question, hoping it all comes together, I'll post pics of the final build, put it on a cool to me aluminum table, might give folks some ideas.

Thanks

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

No, it doesnt matter. Once you have it built and wired up, if the X gantry moves opposite of what it should, just go into the grbl settings tab in OB Control and invert the X direction (setting $3). Be sure to click the save button.

upload_2019-7-17_15-38-23.png

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.