Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New Router Motor for CNC Router?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by jeffmorris, Feb 8, 2018.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

I have a CNC router at the program for mentally-handicapped people where I work. The Porter-Cable 690 router motor burned out. The motor diameter is 3-1/2 inches. Any suggestions for new router motor?

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Archtop67

Archtop67 New
    Builder

I know this is an older thread but many are! lol. Can I use my porter-cable 690 in the mini-mill soon to be C-Beam upgrade? lol im currently putting it all together and immediately see id like bigger work area and will do the conversion soon but I was thinking I could use my laminate porter-cable router but it has some thick plastic case around it and I dont see a way it attaches to the attachment supplied but I also havent tried to disassemble router but since I currently use it often I hate to do that .... then I have a couple 690s but they seem to be larger than what im allowed... or any other suggestion? I know the dewalt is ok but I prefer other brands... since nothing of mine seems to fit, what is best recourse or.. is there something else I need that will fit? I can run down to Depot and get a makita... or maybe is the new cordless rigid spindle routers up to anything worthwhile? if I go dewalt it will be the ONLY dewalt took I own and Id prefer sticking with brands or what I have unless its my last option.. if its going to be a dedicated spindle then id want best I can get within price reason...of its dealt.. so be it but I really prefer makita of desalt if I have to buy new .. and If im stupid for lying that, let me know too :D please lol