Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New build help for a gearhead

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Michael Dwyer, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Michael Dwyer

Builder

I'm embarking on a new build of a Mini Mill using the CNC xPRO v3. I could really use some help with wiring and electronics. As stated in my thread title, I am a gearhead by nature. I'm a 25 year licensed practicing mechanical engineer.

The diagrams on the github wiki for the xPRO v3 show a very basic wiring configuration for the start, pause/resume, power and E-stop switches.[​IMG]
    Is it really that simple? If so, great. If I need to wire in any MOSFET gates, resistors, diodes, relays or other electronic devices I need to know.

I also want to use the "coolant enable" output using a 24VDC solenoid valve to control air flow to an air/lubricant mixing device. I'm told I need to use a protection diode with the solenoid wired in parallel with the solenoid leads. Is there anything else like a relay or MOSFET gate required to send a signal to the solenoid valve?

Thanks,
    Michael