Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New big 3d printer build need help with z axis

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Justin Brawley, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Justin Brawley

Builder

I started this printed build about 7 years ago and then about half way through it got pushed to the side for several years I have recently finished building it. It is a very large printer. The issue I am having is some prints come out perfect and others take me several attempts to get a print. I am currently running 3 z axis lead screws with 3 separate z axis motors all nema 17 motors which is where I think my issue may be due to power I could be wrong. What I want to do however is run 4 lead screws using 2 z axis motors while linking the other 2 z axis screws with belts if that makes sense. I know it can be done I am just unsure how to go about that and how I would program the z axis. Of anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

or 1 nema23 motor and belt all 4 leadscrews together

no programming needed, just connect the 'dir' pin from all 2 (4) drivers to the DIR output for Z, than connect all the STEP pins together to the step output, and then they will all work together