Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need some opinions on controller for new build

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by pappydan, Dec 2, 2017.

1. pappydan

pappydan Well-Known
    Builder

I am in the process of totally revamping my machine which was running 4 steppers using the cnc pro. The new beast is going to have a total of 5 steppers, 2 on the Z axis gantry, 2 on the X axis, and a single stepper on the y axis (gantry). I have a few controller questions and I would like some input from you guys. The CNC pro controller is not gonna work, that is a given. I have a Planet CNC MK 3/4 that I got from OB and never put to use. Would like to use the MK3/4 but I am not opposed to the idea of getting a new board. Let me list a few of the capabilities that I want the new machine to have and a question or two and than if you guys could jump in and give me some feedback I would really be appreciative

1. I want to be able to operate the machine offline with no computer hooked up
    2. I need to enable misting, and would like to control the vacuum
    3. I have a generic MPG pendant that I would like to incorporate
    4. Would like the board to accept a DIY jogging key board of my own design.

I have DQ542 drivers and I think the planet cnc board will fill the bill. Also what is going on at planet CNC. I read their site was hacked and / or spammed. If any of you guys are using the MK 3/4 I could use a little feedback as I have read some crap reviews on their boards.
    If there is a better board out there in your opinion throw it out here I'm not opposed to scrapping using the MK 3/4 at all.

So, everyone pile on and let me know what you think.
    PS.... would like to keep my shopping restricted to the US, not that I am oppose to free markets, I just don't like to wait on overseas shipping. Thanks in advance.......Pappy