Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need advice on Core XY

Discussion in '3D printers' started by kylerwinters, May 24, 2017.

1. kylerwinters

Builder

The company I work for has plans to start a ABS 3d print manufacturing farm to avoid the injection molding route. We are currently exploring which printers are going to give us the best quality and more importantly, the best reliability and self sufficiency. We have purchased many printers including Taz 6 and Up box +.

The up box is a great printer from a print quality standpoint but, it's not reliable at all. We have 9 UP boxes and in six months, four of them are failing every print.

The Taz 6 is expensive and I don't think the liner bushings will stay accurate after awhile with 24/7 printing. It also requires a lot of space due to the moving bed so, a enclose would be huge.

I have been looking at building our own 3d printer with openbuilds because I think it could provide a much more accurate and reliable printer. What kind of accuracy and reliability can I expect from a Core XY 3d printer such as the Titan-XY? What build would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Kyle.

igor_stoppa likes this.