Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Modding an Embroidery Machine

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Poe Allen, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Poe Allen

Poe Allen New
    Builder

hi all, I am new here but I have a problem I just can't seem to solve on my own.
    I got a sewing/embroidery machine-- Janome Memory Craft 5000 -- for about 300 dollars. I do not have any of the cards, which provide extra premade patterns for embroidery. For this model there are no cards that allow you to upload custom patterns. This is a pretty old machine, and my dad guessed that the card used was a PCMCIA; but he was wrong.
    I'm looking for advice on either a copy-cat card I can upload my own files on, or if there is a way to change the hardware to accept other types of cards/usbs/ports etc. Im not very savvy at this though; and don't want to destroy my machine doing this.
    Any advice?

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  2. THE LINK

THE LINK New
    Builder

Just updating for anyone else looking into this as information is scarce and you can do this.

You need a PCMCIA flash reader, a cf card adapter and a suitable cf card, youl have to look into the cf cards that work but you use the reader to read and write to the cf card then you need the adapter to connect to the machine then insert the cf card.

So you need
    CF reader
    CF adapter
    CF card

I read only low memory cf cards will work so research this.