Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

modding a Protoneer Arduino CNC Shield

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Jestah, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Jestah

Jestah Well-Known
    Builder

LOVE the new Protoneer CNC shield and interested to see what effect the new input filters will have. The Pi version looks amazing for a PC free Cbeam machine but Mach3 for life! well maybe till mach4 is stable.....

CNCsheild to Mach3.jpg

GRBL sure is rad but I find it hard to move away from Mach3 so decided to mod a v3.51 kits. I wanted better cooling to my drives and routed what would normally feed into an Uno out to a generic Mach3 BOB. I think next time I might move the stepper plugs to the under side of the board as well. So long as you don't forget the jumper setting are also "flipped" this mod has been super easy.

undersinks.jpg

Have a few worries about ground loops but going to hook things up and see if they are actually problems first.

Fingers crossed it works rather than going up in a puff of smoke!

2. Jestah

Jestah Well-Known
    Builder

I should also put the top heatsinks the other way but using what I got for the test at this point, if it works I will sure flick them around as well to get the best air flow .