Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Missing weight information

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RandomUser, Apr 11, 2018.

1. RandomUser

Builder

Hello. My son wanted me to buy 40x40 inches variation of this: OpenBuilds ACRO System

But there is no maximum load capacity (XY, or Z) given or at least I was not able to find this information. It is very important piece of information that needs to be included/highlighted. I cannot buy within knowing weight limitations. Thanks

2. Scotty Orr

Scotty Orr Journeyman
    Builder

Don't know if this helps, but for 20x40 v-slot here are some specs (including moments of inertia):
    • Material: Aluminium 6063 T5
    • Coating: Silver Anodized
    • Profile weight: 0.85kg/m
    • Ix = 1.28
    • Iy = 4.84
    Source: 20 x 40mm Aluminium V-Slot Profile

Note: For laser-engraving, there is no additional tool load other than the weight of the tool itself.

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Absolute load capacity of this system is irrelevant. It will support what it is designed for (a laser module) many, many times over so there is really no need for such calculations.

But I'm guessing that's not what you're really asking. The answer to that question would be no, the system is not rigid enough to be used as a router.

David the swarfer and MaryD like this.
  4. RandomUser

Builder

Thanks for the info; we are looking for rails system for a robotic head (around 5lbs weight). This is not something for us it seems like.