Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Mini D-Bot

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Ryan James, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ryan James

Builder

Ryan James published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Ryan James

Builder

Build is coming along. Motors are mounted, screws attached. Only components missing now are the power supply, hot end, control board, and back wood for mounting everything. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to convert an ATX for now (plenty of components available to make an output board), or spend the money on a LED power supply.

MaryD likes this.
  3. Ryan James

Builder

Build is finished. However, at the moment I am in the middle of a move. I'm going to post updated pictures and lessons as soon as I get a chance.

4. MrSatoV

MrSatoV New
    Builder

Hey Ryan, just to prod you along... it's October, surely you're done with the move? haha Anxious to get the poop on this build, from the little pic and description it sound like exactly what I've been hunting for and not finding! I'd like to repurpose some of the parts I have on my Prusa i3 - which I've upgraded a bit. I'm using a smoothie board, touch screen TFT, Titan extruder and v6 hot end. Still don't like the overall design at all, and want to move to a box type like this, which I can enclose (for the sake of being more dust free than quiet) and used forced filtered air to keep cool. Cheers, thanks, and hope all is well with you!

5. Ryan James

Builder

You, sir, are right. The move is complete and so is the printer. I've been using it for about two months now and it's working mostly well. I did a lousy job documenting it so most of my photos will be completed shots. I'm going to work on the BOM this weekend because it is different from the original (less parts, less bolts/nuts).

Perry Ismangil and MrSatoV like this.
  6. Perry Ismangil

Builder

Just what I was looking for - I like the D-Bot but it's too big. I'd like to know more about scaling D-bot down!

7. Ryan James

Builder

I've finally posted a BOM. I'm working on the extrusion cut list for my version as well as an updated printed parts list. Hoping to post those this afternoon.

8. Perry Ismangil

Builder

Great, currently sourcing parts for a Hypercube, maybe I'll switch to this instead!

The bed, motors and electronics is the same. Just need to change the frame and mechanics