Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Machine Plan

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by Wilkesy, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Wilkesy

Wilkesy New
    Builder

Hi All,

Over the past few months, i have been snapping up people's unwanted upgrades and other offers from facebook and gumtree.

So far i have a 6060 upgrade for the Sainsmart PROverXL 4030, I also have many brackets and gantry mounts from numerous machines. I also have an openbuilds blackbox that I picked up for next to nothing. All im short of are the electronics. Would need stepper motors, cables and power supply.

If i got some nema23 steppers and an openbuilds power supply for the blackbox, is there any reason i couldn't get everything up and running? Will everything be compatible if setup correctly?

Many thanks

Paul

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If you need exact info so would we. Datasheet / specs of motors for example to see if their resistance, inductance, voltage and current ratings are suitable.

3. Wilkesy

Wilkesy New
    Builder

Thanks Peter,

The motors i was tempted to get off the oozenest website in the UK. Buying with the cables give me all the connections for the backbox etc from my understanding. The prices are also very competative!

4. Peter Van Der Walt

If its from a reputable vendor it should be fine yes. Just watch out for the far east stuff.

5. Wilkesy

Wilkesy New
    Builder

Hi, sorry, to ask again.

I have just found locally some 1620 ball screws x 1500mm that i am tempted to get. They are slightly used but look and travel really smoothly. When it comes to programming the blackbox, is this where you specify the pitch etch of the screws?

Thanks

Paul

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Yes calculated steps per mm. See the Grbl Wiki to learn all about the settings